JOB OPENING: Lansing Neurosurgery seeking Register Nurse
Neurosurgery Registered Nurse
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a clinical position who provides direct nursing support for neurosurgeon both in office and during the patient's hospital stay including assisting during surgery.
- Performs patient clinical intake function including rooming patients, vital signs as appropriate, reviews PFSH and medical reconciliation
- Conducts and documents a nursing assessment for physician’s review
- Schedules patients requiring surgery and coordinates testing and special instructions.
- Responds to questions from patients and serves as liaison with surgeon pre and post-op
- Assists in completing routine and special forms for patients
- Acts as in office nurse to coordinate response to patient inquiries
- Takes night and weekend call on a rotating basis
- Assists surgeons in coordinating activities including discharges on patients of the practices
- Assists surgeons in surgery as requested
- Inputs standard orders and modifications under direct physical supervision of physician
- Assures patients receive follow up appointments, discharge instructions and any teaching required by the practice
- Documents as may be necessary in hospital and office record within scope of nursing practice
Minimum Education: RN licensure in the State of Michigan: previous nursing experience preferred but not mandatory.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases. Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness). Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency and crisis situations. Subject to irregular hours.
Physical Requirements: Occasional prolonged standing/walking. Occasionally lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
How to Apply
Fax: (517) 827-1805
Attn: Office Manager
East Lansing, MI 48823